- Employee Number => For employees
- Applicant Number => For applicants
- Contingent Worker Number => For contractors
- APL_NUMBER_GENRATION [For Applicants]
- EMP_NUMBER_GENERATION [For Employees]
- CWK_NUMBER_GENERATION [For Contingent Workers]
If any of these formulas are setup, Oracle will use them automatically to generated numbers. Following are some high-level steps to setup these formulas to generate one unique sequentional number for a person in Oracle HCM:
- Setup a database sequence with increments of 1
- Use this same sequence in all three fast formulas so that you always get a unique number irrespective of type of person
- To check to see wheter person is getting transferred from one person type to another [Either within or across business groups], use the PARTY_ID input value.
- If PARTY_ID is populated, you need to return existing number instead of generating a new number.
By following this approach, you will generate a new number and assign it to the person if he/she got entered in to HCM system for the first time [Irrespective of person type]. You will reuse the existing number [Either from employee or applicant or contingent worker], in case if the person is trasnferring from person type to person type.